Stainless steel has been a heavily favored material since the 1820s, due to its strength, resistance to corrosion, and practicality, as it is 100% recyclable.
Sanyo Seiki, producer of Allegeni brand stainless steel, believes more industries and industry professionals can benefit from the use of stainless steel sheets and plates if they were to try the products’ varied applications.
Some of the products under the Allegeni brand are stainless steel sheets and plates of the following material grade and applications.
304 & 304L
With their strong resistance to many corrosive agents, Allegeni’s 304 and 304L grade sheets and plates have mechanical properties excellent for fields that put a strong emphasis on cleanliness and sanitation. Typical applications for these grades include:
- Mechanical handling of citric, acetic, and nitric acids
- Handling of refined and crude oils
- Manufacturing instruments
- Manufacturing hospital equipment
316 & 316L
Even more corrosive resistant than the 304 and 304L grades, Allegeni’s 316 and 316L sheets and plates are manufactured with molybdenum. The molybdenum content is responsible for the higher overall corrosion resistance caused by seawater. These grades are excellent in desalination. They are also tough enough to withstand welding in heavier sections. Some applications of the 316 and 316L grade sheets and plates are:
- arts and pump shafts in machines and equipment used in processing pharmaceuticals and chemicals
- Machines and equipment used in processing textile and paper products
Able to withstand environments reaching 1150 degrees Celsius, Allegeni’s 310 grade stainless is noted for its strength against corrosion and oxidation. Some applications that require the 310’s toughness are:
- Manufacturing parts for furnaces
- Fabricating parts for equipment used in heat treatment
- Assembling food processing equipment
- Cryogenic applications
Allegeni’s 430 grade stainless plates and sheets combine strong corrosion resistance and high formability. This grade non-hardenable yet it resists attacks by nitric acid. Some of its most common applications are:
- Making panels for refrigerator sections
- Manufacturing Rings for stove trims
- Producing dishwasher parts and linings
Allegeni brand stainless steel sheets and plates are the preferred material in many industries, and their varied applications deserve the attention of more professionals in different fields.
Sanyo Seiki offers a considerable range of stainless steel supplies bearing the Allegeni and Smith Muller brands.